Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tiffany's 9th Birthday

Have you guys ever realize how fast time is going by??  I still cannot believe that it's the end of February already!!  It feels like I was just getting ready for Valentine's Day, and now, were just about two weeks over already!  I guess it really is true...as one grows older, time definitely flies a lot faster! I blink and a year goes by!  It's actually almost true with this event.  Tiffany, my little cousin, who lives in Canada, comes down with her brother and mother twice a year...for the past couple years now.  They usually come down during summer break and winter break.  Summer break happens to coordinate with Tiffany's birthday, so every single year, she gets to celebrate in sunny San Diego!  Last year, Tiffany was into dogs.  She wanted a puppy party and boy, did she get a puppy party!  Remember this post?  Yep, here's another year of birthdays!

This year, Tiffany wanted a water theme.  Under the sea...but without the princess!  This year, I also decided to give her a small treat: a small dessert table with the pretty linen and the yummy treats!  Definitely the whole nine yards in her eyes!  What do you think?
Everything was mostly under the sea themed.  I even found some cool light blue fish plates to hold the goodies!  What do you think about those cake pops?  I thought they were pretty awesome and had a lot of fun making them!  Notice on the cake, there are shells and starfish and sea critters?  I made the shells from white chocolate and the sea critters from fondant.
My late grandma and I.  Funny story about this day.  Grandma had a tendency to forget things and, really, she forgot quite a lot.  And really, had a different way of thinking.  So I had set up Tiffany's dessert table on the dining room table...with the beautiful green linen and everything.  I had to leave to pick something up, so only the kids, my auntie and Grandma was at home.  Half an hour into my trip, I received a frantic text from Tiffany saying that Grandma had pulled off the palm tree on the cake because she thought that there was dirt on the cake (it was actually brown sugar pretending to be sand!).  Grandma had also removed the linen (yes, completely removed the linen) from underneath all the goodies and all that breakable, expensive catering gear.  Now, mind you, Grandma has a strong grip, but let me tell you, that cake, and that cake stand, was extremely heavy.  Not to mention, she would have to remove the other plates of goodies, then the cake, and then the linen, and then move everything back!  Without breaking anything or dropping anything (especially that cake!).  I didn't think Grandma had it in her, but boy, she proved all of us wrong.  Now, why she did it?  Well, she thought we were going to get that pretty linen dirty!  Let me tell you...Tiffany was so upset!  I guess Grandma was really lucky nothing happened to that cake!
We had our traditional group pose after the festivities.  And on a whim, I told everyone to do funny faces.  Surprise, surprise...the fan bam actually did it!

Happy birthday Tiffany, my love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home