Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ana and Billy

It's Saturday morning, and there is nothing better than lounging on a comfy sofa, writing up a new blog post...before having to go to work on some cakes!  I love Saturday mornings, because I really get the chance to unwind, have a cup of uninterrupted coffee, and not rush to be anywhere.  So, here I am!  And what better time to write a new post!

Today is about Ana and Billy.  They actually got married some time last year..(I know, I've been slacking on the posts!)  Billy is one of my best friend's brother.  I made him a cake when he proposed to his now wife!  And when they decided to tie the knot, they gave me the honor of baking their wedding cake!  Ana loooooves, and I mean, loooooves Tiffany and anything Tiffany inspired.  Her wedding color scheme was that beautiful Tiffany blue and orange.  I ended up making a three tiered cake for the couple, plus a pair of macarons for each guests as the wedding favor.  And, of course, those macs were held in a sweet Tiffany blue box, tied with a crisp, white ribbon.  But first, a picture of me and my beautiful friend, Susan!
Aren't we just adorable?  The wedding was beautiful...held in this quaint hall that overlooked the ocean.  
So, that's the cake!  Ana had a picture of something similar to this cake.  I tried to stay true to her picture, but there were some slight variation.  I actually used an ink pad and stamp to stamp the design on the bottom tier.  Yes, I used black food coloring!  I was very hesitant because I've never done that before, use a stamp on a cake that is...and I really would not have time to fix the cake should I mess up.  And it turned out beautiful...that is, until the fondant started to sweat.  Which, I should have known...but chalk it up to another lesson learned and relearned.  Thank goodness the design didn't completely melt down the cake.  I think, overall, it was still a beautiful cake! Oh, and last minute, the bride ordered two more small cakes, in honor of Billy's father's birthday and her brother's birthday.  The theme?  Golf and cowboys!
I didn't have time to take nice individual pictures of these cakes.  It was so hectic that afternoon, with setting up the wedding cake and then attending the wedding and just plain wedding chaos (everyone felt it!) that there wasn't time to figure out where to put these cakes on display.  I hope they enjoyed their cakes!

Congrats again Ana and Billy!


A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home