Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Tiffany!

Good evening, dear readers!  It's a tad late for me...as this is beyond my bed time...I know, I know...it's only 9pm.  However, I'm up at 4:30am every single morning, so, this is a tad late for me!  Anyways, since I am just a touch sleepy, but more energized than sleepy (does that make any sense at all??), I decided that it's time for another blog post!  I know, I know...I've already been reminded that it's been more than eleven days since my last post.  I promise, I will work harder at writing more consistently!

Anyways, today, or rather, tonight, I would like to share my little cousin's birthday.  These cousins actually live in Toronto, Canada, but they visit the fam bam twice a year...summer break and winter break.  Luckily for Tiffany, her birthday falls in July, so she always (and I mean always) gets to celebrate her birthday with the whole San Diego family.  Her brother Ryan, not so lucky.  His birthday is in March.  I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.  Anyways, back to Tiffany's birthday.  She turned eight this year...and seriously, for the past seven birthdays, it has always been something foo foo and pink.  Like Hello Kitty, or Princess, or pink flowers...just always something super girly and pink.  Well, actually, I take that back.  One year, she did a Dora the Explorer one.  The cake was a funky mix of, well, Dora colors...but after that, it has always been something super girly and cute.  So, finally, finally, this year, I've been asked to bake her birthday cake!  Hurray for me!  So, I'm thinking...I totally got this.  I've already had plenty of practice for Hello Kitty cakes and I was pretty darn sure that I will totally perfect hers.  And what did she want this year?  Dogs.  Well, actually, it was first Tweety bird (Tweety, really??) and then at the last minute, she changed her mind and wanted a dog theme.  You know, while I'm a dog lover myself, I've never made a dog cake before!  And here was my one chance to wow the fam bam, and I didn't get a cute girly theme to work with!  No matter, I still did the doggy theme and even set up a super tiny dessert table for her.  Check it out!
I think the dogs on my cake is some kind of weird mix of a dog.  They started off looking like those mop dogs, and then somewhere along the way, I wanted them to look like my American Eskimo, Pepper (hence the pink ears)...but when it came down to the snout, it started looking like those grandpa dogs (Scottish terriers?...or something in that family?...you know, the ones with the long muzzle!)  So, it is what it is...just a mix of different dogs.  You can see that in the puppy cake pops too.  I actually have no idea what kind of dogs these are.  They kind of look like beagles, but not really.  Meh, some kind of dog, that's for sure.  The cake pops were actually kind of cute!  Oh, the flavor?  It was red velvet!
Happy birthday love!  Oh yeah...this was a vanilla chiffon cake, filled with fresh strawberries and bananas!  ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home