Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Union Tribune Craft Fair

Whew!  It's the start of a new week!  Hope everyone enjoyed a safe and relaxing holiday weekend!  Mine was definitely anything but relaxing...and I had the gall to drag three others with me through my adventures!  Remember my previous posts saying I will be a vendor at the last 626 Night market for this year?  Yep, that was this past weekend.  It was a huge success and I cannot wait to share with you! But more about that in another post.  Today's post is on the Union Tribune craft fair I did a while ago.  I had an in to this craft fair, so I was able to sell my sweets there.  It was definitely a very good time and I had tons of exposure, even though it was open only to Union Tribune employees and families.  Check it out:
The inspiration for this table started with Starbucks coffee.  I thought it would be adorable to make mini Starbucks fraps...seeing as the people who work at UT probably end up guzzling a whole lot of coffee, whether it's hot coffee or an ice blended coffee.  Along with "fraps," I had to bring my macarons!  A table is never complete without French macarons after all.  I made a lot of flavors...and if I had written this post closer to the date I actually had this event, I probably would have a better chance remembering all the flavors I made!  I know I had cake batter (pictured above) and hazelnut, peppermint, pistachios, vanilla, cherry almond, and maple bacon.  I'm sure there's probably a few more flavors in there that I forgot about.  I even had Hello Kitty macarons too!  And these kitties even had ears!  I also decided to bring some fruit cobblers, each in its own mini pie tin.  Lastly, there was also good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies.  It was a great success that afternoon!  I even had macaron virgins who decided that macs were definitely an "it" cookie!  They tried one mac and came back down for more before I closed down for the day!
I made blueberry, cherry, and apple cobblers for this event.  They were pretty popular and definitely very yummy!!  I also made two types of "fraps"...caramel and mocha!  Are they not adorable??  These were chocolate cupcakes, filled with either a mocha chocolate mousse or caramel mousse, topped with whipped cream, and drizzled with chocolate or caramel.  Don't forget that green straw!  Along with a pastry...it's time to get back to work for those UT employees!  I definitely can't wait for the next one and hope to be invited back!  Thanks for peeking dear readers!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home