Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Peggy and Ka

Happy new year blog world!  I know we're already two months into 2014 (and a few weeks into the Lunar new year)...but happy new year all the same!  I know it has also been a while since I last blogged.  I am actually pretty amazed at how much I have done since my last blog post.  So what I do is, I save a file full of blog pictures, hence, blog posts to write.  And as I was organizing all the photos, I realize that I have actually done quite a lot!  One thing that I am quite impressed about is starting this blog.  I now have a compilation of achievements I can scroll through.  Not to mention, I can see how I have improved in my cakes and sweets!

Anyways, this post is looooong overdue!  I had the pleasure of creating a dessert table for one of my sweet friend from high school!  We actually knew each other from middle school, but became friends in high school.  We then went our separate ways in college and, somehow, miraculously, picked back up!  Peggy now has this whole other life in the East coast, but decided to do her wedding (well, hers and Ka's...the fiancé now husband) in southern California.  Pasadena to be exact.  I went with Peggy to view the venues she picked out the few times she flew into California.  I was with her when she tried on the dress she eventually picked out for her wedding.  And I was definitely most honored when she asked me to do a dessert table for her wedding.  Eventually, the venue was set for the Ambassador Mansions in Pasadena.  And it couldn't have been a more beautiful, perfect wedding.  Everything was just absolutely stunning!  Check it out!
Before I post pictures of the sweets, let me just say that Peggy and I collaborated beautifully (except for that peanut butter incident, but let's just forget about that!)  This woman actually sent me a "brief" in email form (I believe a "brief" is some kind of super long list of wants and don't wants.  Well, I remember it as a "brief," but it could've been named something else).  And it was fantastic!  I love how organized and decisive Peggy was! Notes to future brides: caterers LOVE lists!
Blush, gold, and ivory...that was the color scheme for the day.  And I think it was pulled off very well in my dessert table!  Some yummies we had: cupcakes, cake pops, macarons, chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate mousse, strawberry trifles, pizzelle cookies, peanut butter cookies (gluten free too!), and heart puff pastry with whipped cream.

I actually left during the dancing portion of the wedding to attend my cousin's birthday event.  And when I came back to break down the table, I was pleasantly surprised to see that just about everything on that table was gone!  I think there were 3 or 4 cupcakes left!

Anyways, congratulations Peggy and Ka!!  Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day!

XOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home