Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Do All Things With Love

Hello Blogworld!

I know it's been a while since I updated my blog.  A long while, actually.  I'm hoping (again) to start writing more on this blog.  I find that I really enjoy seeing the progress I've made!  As you all know, from previous posts, my brother and I have taken over our family business.  We are finally growing it to be a ritual part of your daily breakfast (donuts) and to also merge what I've been creating here on the blog (catering).  So, I've been pretty busy with creating another name for myself, but in the real world (aah!).  Although, I find that I missed writing and updating those who have been with me from the start of this blog.  SO, I will try my best to write more posts!!

Anyways, a lot have happened from my last post.  I believe the last one was right at the beginning of the year!  Today's post is an update on my life (don't worry, I've got pictures too!).  Today's post is on my wedding!  I got married at the end of May 2015.  Seeing as it is both our second time around, I thought we were going to have a very small, intimate wedding.  Nope.  Not quite!  We ended up having 325 guests (!!) and every single one was so happy to celebrate with us!
We decided to have a simple, outdoor wedding.  We ended up choosing San Dieguito County Park, which was right at the border of Rancho Santa Fe.  It was a beautiful, well-maintained park! We did everything ourselves...well, we did everything we could ourselves and in a sense of not vending out services.  We definitely had a lot of great friends and family who put in their share of help too!  I made all the "save-the-dates" and wedding invitations myself.  I already knew that I loved peonies and wanted to make that flower my main theme.  And pink (of course!).  So, we had a simple but elegant and fun wedding outdoors!  Thank you Stone and Shelby Crandall of Stone Crandall Photography for these amazing photos!
My husband designed my beautiful ring.  He picked out the rock (from raw), had it cut and polished to this beautiful cushion cut, and set in a one of a kind heirloom quality rose gold setting.  This gorgeous morganite stone (my most favorite!) is adorned with pink sapphires all around.  I LOVE my ring! Anyways, we decided to stay at The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe the night before the wedding.  What a beautiful property!  But even better, the service was amazing!  We will definitely stay there again!
Peonies everywhere!  I just love that flower!  I even made a board of flowers for our alter.  It was a good thing I decided to use silk flowers instead of fresh!  I think overall the board looked very nice!  We decided to have no seating chart.  Guests were able to sit wherever they please.  What made it easy was that guests were seated for the ceremony and reception.  Where they sat for the ceremony was where they were eating at the reception! Aren't those two young men adorable?  We were roaming around the Hillcrest farmers market one Sunday and the young boys were playing Canon in D.  We decided to approach them and asked if they were interested in playing for our wedding.  We were so happy that they said yes!  Our wedding was their first paid gig!  And they did a fantastic job!  They mashed up two versions of Canon in D, to create their own version and played that as I walked down the aisle.  Then, as per hubby's request, they played the funeral march as we walked down the aisle, and kicked it up a notch with Guns N' Roses "Sweet Child O' Mine".

After our ceremony, guests were treated to crepes and wood fired pizzas!  We decided to go the nontraditional route and had food trucks cater!  Although, with the set up, you wouldn't have known these vendors were originally food trucks!
I also made our cakes!  I decided not to have a dessert table (even though I have created plenty for other couples!) and ended up having a cake buffet!  I ended up getting a couple of chocolate cakes from Costco since, at the last minute, I decided that we wouldn't have enough cake to go around!  That proved to be a good buy, since it really balanced out the look of the cake table!
I had found these super adorable donut truck pdfs online.  I tested it by printing one, cutting it out and putting it together.  It didn't feel like that much work.....boy was I wrong!  Imagine cutting out 600 pieces of paper...and then folding and glueing them together to make 300 trucks....what was I thinking?! Seriously, the idea sounded good in my head...and one truck was super adorable.  But when I started cutting and was 10 trucks in....I almost stopped!  But I couldn't stop!  The idea took hold already!  In the end, I'm glad I stuck to it!  We filled these trucks with chocolate dipped donut holes and guests left with a piece us, the donut family!
The bestest friends a girl can have!  We always have a blast making zombie faces!
We had such a wonderful time celebrating with all our friends and family and was so happy everyone took the time to come celebrate with us!  And now, blog world, you had a glimpse into our memorable day.  I hope I made up for the lack of posts!
Until next time readers! Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home