Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Football Madess

Happy Tuesday everyone!  See, I told you I'd have another post for you, didn't I?  I know, I'm pretty proud that I was able to follow through!  Especially with it being so close to my bedtime!  (I just glanced at my clock and it says 5:27pm).  I've been turning in pretty early, trying to catch up on my zzz's.  That's probably why I have enough energy to write another post!  Anywho, since we're in the middle of (or start of?) football season, I glanced through my files of posts to write and came upon a football dessert table that I created a few moons ago.  I don't think I had the pleasure of sharing it with all my fans, so here we go!
Sorry for the terrible lighting, but this was a football banquet that was held in a bowling alley!  The table was set up in the front, where the projector also shined (shone?) upon....hence, all that blue lighting.  Anyways, a dear friend commissioned me to do a football dessert table for her little boy's football banquet.  Yes, dear readers, this lovely table was for a bunch of young(ish) kids!  But don't you think even young'uns can appreciate the look of their desserts and not just the desserts?  I think so, and I think those boys loved it.
Here are some of the awesome desserts I made for this banquet.  We had mini "sliders" cupcakes accompanied by sugar cookie "fries," mini chocolate chip cookies, tiny apple strudels, cake pops, caramel popcorn, mini palmier cookies, puff pastry shells filled with home made whipped cream, chocolate candies, and donut holes from yours truly's shop: San Diego's Finest Donuts & Bakery.   What kid wouldn't find all these yummies appealing??
Here's another shot of those cool mini sliders!  I think mini slider cupcakes are one of my favorites.  It's probably because I love hamburgers in real life, so anything that reminds me of burgers...me like!
I wanted to divert your attention to the lovely green "field" that the desserts sat upon.  I actually made this linen myself.  And because it's all about football, I thought the kiddos would get a kick out of my football field linen.  (I think they did!)

This was definitely a fun event to cater, and definitely a different theme than what I've been doing prior.  However, it was just as fun and I am always stunned at the end product.  Thanks for stopping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home