Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Nylin!

... ... ... I know, I know...it's been a while.  A veerrry loooong while.  I'm terribly sorry for the long hiatus...especially without a peep!  Life certainly got in the way of updates and blogging.  And I will probably always forever try to blog at a consistent pace!  Promise.  No fingers crossed.  Pinky swear.  Seriously!  I have tons (tons!) of new materials to blog about too...and blogging has forever been on my mind and on my "honey do" list!  I think I just need 60 hours in a day to get everything done!  Anyways, let's move on to the actual post.  Today's post is about this beautiful sea maid named Nylin.  She decided to have a birthday with an "under the sea" type theme.  My beautiful baking buddy, Mai, commissioned me to make some of the goodies for Nylin's birthday.  Mai and her sisters are responsible for the beautiful set up you'll see. 
 Isn't the table gorgeous?!?  Nylin was one special mermaid that day!  There were sweets a plenty for everyone.  From cake pops to macarons to starfish sugar cookies and white chocolate sea horses to cupcakes and chocolate strawberries!  I especially had a great time decorating the sugar cookies!  We had starfish of all kinds of looks and mini "pearl" cookies.  But my pride was definitely that cake!  This was my first ruffled ombre cake and I must say, it turned out quite beautifully.  Especially since the cake was transported from San Diego all the way to Oxnard!  And it held up! 
 Take a closer look!  The sweets were displayed so beautifully, I'm sure it was hard for people to eat it!  I thoroughly enjoyed baking the goodies for sweet Nylin's birthday and I hope she, and everyone who attended, enjoyed the sweets!  Until the next post (which won't be very long...seriously, not as long as this one took!), Cheers to sweets!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home