Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy belated Valentine's day  my sweets!!  I hope everyone enjoyed a beautiful and loving day!  And YES, that's a Hello Kitty strawberry you see there in that fancy box of goodies!  Well, we definitely received a beautiful day here in San Diego, that was for sure!  So, every single year, for Valentine's day, I always make chocolate dipped strawberries for my Valentine.  Always.  I don't buy fancy (or any, actually) gifts.  I usually buy a somewhat sweet card (or if I have the time, I'll make my own card) and make a plate of chocolate covered strawberries.  So, my strawberries always come straight from my heart!  Well, this year, my Valentine was quite expanded!  I made them for some special people in my life and I also made them to sell at the bakery shop!  Let me tell you...those strawberries (and all things Valentine's related) flew out the door.  I actually started selling strawberries since the Sunday before Valentine's day.  And each day, and through Valentine's day, I completely sold out!  I hand picked the biggest and most beautiful strawberries out of the thirty two pounds of strawberries I had.  I made the simple, elegant dark chocolate covered strawberries with white chocolate drizzle to sell at the bakery shop.  However, in today's post, I want to show you some super decadent and fancy strawberries that were made on Valentine's day for some super special people!
Aren't they adorable?  Yes, I know...anything Hello Kitty is super adorable.  But the rest of the strawberries were pretty neat too.  I especially loved the white chocolate ones with the crystal sugar...it's so bling bling!  Do you also notice the chocolate dipped raspberries and blackberries?  Yes, chocolate covered raspberries and blackberries.  Find them!  See, the story was...the day before Valentine's, I couldn't really find nice big strawberries.  In fact, that's an understatement.  I couldn't find any.  I get my strawberries from Costco, and that day, I went to four different Costcos all over San Diego, and there were no strawberries to be found.  So, the next best thing?...why, dip raspberries and blackberries, of course.  And yes, they were quite the pain, especially since I double dipped the blackberries (first in white chocolate and then dark chocolate!) but, man, they were so good!!  Oh, so, as if chocolate dipped raspberries weren't enough, I also dusted the tops of the raspberries with gold luster dust too.  That certainly made quite a statement.  They were just absolutely beautiful!  And together in the box with the fancy strawberries...one word: awesome.  Fancy.  Beautiful.  Elegant.  Ok, definitely more than one word, but you get the picture right?  Anyways, I loved these strawberries and I would've been ecstatic to receive a box!  Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home