Sunday, February 10, 2013

Xmas in...February?




Happy Lunar New Year!!!  May the year of the snake bring great love, health and prosperity to all!  I, for one, am definitely looking forward to this new year.  I can feel all the greatness about to happen and I am super excited to see how it will all unfold!  So, let's start this new lunar year off with a great post...even though it will take us back into the past, right around Christmas time.  Remember Karen?  Sweet Karen had contacted me about doing desserts for the annual office holiday party.  This year, the party was being held in their beautiful home.  Of course I said I was interested...and somehow, two three-tiered dessert trays turned into this:
Yeah...I know...overboard I went.  Again.  I can't help it.  Karen and Bill are just two of the nicest clients one could have.  So, overboard I went!  We had an array of sweets, from, an assortment of macarons, peppermint bark, apple spiced bundt cake, home-made truffles, an assortment of yummy cookies, chocolate dipped wafer rolls, and mini caramel apples!  Oh, the jam thumbprint cookies were so so soooo good!  I think jammy thumprints might be one of my favorite cookies for the holidays (or anytime for that matter).  These were slightly crispy with a chewy aftertone.  So very buttery and sugary too.  Definitely on the delish side!  Oh, and can't forget about the cake!  It was a strawberry and chocolate cake!  I had some extra mini apples, so thought, what the heck, and threw it on the cake.  Super yummy and super fun!  I had some help from my sweet baking buddy, Mai, who, thankfully, cooks, and was able to whip up a simple gluten-free meal for one of the guests.  It looked super tasty and she totally saved the day!  Overall, the event was super fun (it always is when working with Karen and Bill!) and I was very happy with how the desert table turned out, and even happier with how it tasted!  It was definitely a feast for both eyes and stomach!

Thanks for reading!  Tune in soon for another post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home