Monday, February 25, 2013

Shades of Pink Baby Shower

Happy Monday!  Well, it's happy and not so happy.  I mean, Monday's one of those days that rub people wrong in the first place already.  As for me, my Monday is kind of going...except my whole body hurts and I feel like my legs are going to fall off.  And no, it's not because I found a way to use my legs to free up my hands for baking (although, that would be pretty useful...).  Nope!  It's because I ran my first 10K yesterday!  I ran the 35th Annual Chinatown Firecracker 10K.  It was an awesome scenic run and I am so very proud of myself!  And for someone who did not train, at all, I did pretty darn well!  I clocked in at 1:09:12!  And I'm even more proud because we (me and Christina) didn't carbo load the day before...and I also ran it with just an anorexic banana the day of.  Ok, I don't know if that's just pure stupidity (which it probably was) or something I should be proud of.  But still, just laying out the facts.  See, doesn't that make my run sound all the more amazing? Ok, digressing from the awesome baby shower goodies I'm about to post.  
So, my dear baking buddy had a baby shower gig she was doing.  Except, two or three weeks before the shower, she was hit with the flu.  Then, about a week or so before the shower, her water heater broke at home and flooded her whole house.  Then, she was hit with pneumonia.  Yeah.  Talk about some bad luck.  There was definitely more of that kind of luck that hit her, but let's not open up old wounds.  So, dear baking buddy called me up and asked if I was able to help her pull this shower off.  Of course I said yes.  I mean, it's from one superwoman to another, of course I had an extra cape to carry her through!  So, I helped baked all the goodies for her but she did an amazing job setting it up!  Yes, we all lectured her because she definitely should've been home resting, and not setting up a dessert table, but that superwoman did a fantabulous job!  Check it out!
Isn't this an awesome cake?  I love the pink ombre and ruffled look.  I made a similar cake for Mai's niece's birthday (I've yet to do a post on that one...coming soon!).  I just love how simple, yet elegant, yet fun the ruffles and ombre coloring did for the cake.  Inside was my chocolate cake, with strawberries on the bottom layer, and strawberries and bananas in the top layer.  I also dipped some strawberries into dark chocolate and drizzled with pink chocolate.  Had some super yummy macarons, coconut cupcakes, dark chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream, strawberry cupcakes, mini brownie bites, rice krispy treats with yummy pink sugary sugar and sprinkles, and "thank you" baby onesies sugar cookies!
Beautiful, beautiful job!  See, this is when you see real passion coming out to play.  This superwoman created such a beautiful display even when she was half dead.  *applause, applause*  Great job, Mai!  Beautiful job!  And a very special "thank you" goes out to Don, Mai's husband, for taking such beautiful pictures of my goodies!  Just beautiful!  These goodies look so glamorous!

Thanks for stopping by dear readers!  Stay tuned for more!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home