Saturday, September 7, 2013

Evo and Chip

Oh helloooo Saturday!  I'm telling you, this week was extremely long.  It felt like it took a loooooong time to get to the weekend, yet, I can see my weekend dwindling away already and that Monday is just around the corner!  So, today will definitely be a nice relaxing day!  But I thought I'd leave y'alls with a blog post to start your weekend!  Today's post is about a pair of kitties.  Yes, that's right...cats.  I have a good friend, who I have known since middle school.  We went through our Sailor Moon phase in middle school (where I had tons of Sailor Moon trading cards that I would never, ever trade) and continued our friendship into and through high school.  Evo, well, her name is actually Evonne, but she is now forever known as Evo because she's cute like that, well, Evo, is this extremely talented and bright individual that I was blessed to have in my life.  You know, one of those crazy Asians who can play the piano with eyes closed, and wield a paintbrush and paint something extraordinary without even thinking about it.  And book smart.  She is definitely one super bright star!  Somewhere along the way, her family took in two cats.  And somewhere along the way, she met Chip.  Thus, becoming a pair of "cats."  They loved that pair of cat motif so much, they made it part of their wedding.  This is where I come in.  Evo and Chip had always been my number one fans!  So, they asked me to do a dessert table for their wedding up in the bay area.  I was delighted, of course, and couldn't wait for the day to come! And the day has finally come!
Evo and Chip actually had two wedding receptions.  They did one, with the dessert table, in the bay area.  It was a beautiful venue!  They also decided to give out a pair of macarons for their wedding favors.  Their color theme was red and white and they wanted a very simple, clean look.  I made cake pops, white chocolate dipped pizzelle cookies, rice krispy treats, macarons, and chocolate dipped strawberries for this dessert table.  This last picture of chocolate strawberries were for their San Diego reception.  This reception was held at The Pearl, and mainly consisted of family.  I decided to half dip these strawberries and drizzle chocolate instead of a full dip, since I knew most Asians don't do sweets.  This actually worked out beautifully, as it still looked gorgeous but with just a taste of chocolate.

I definitely had a blast doing Evo and Chip's wedding.  They were so organized, it made my job a whole lot easier!  Thanks you two love cats for giving me the privilege of being part of your special day!  Enjoy Europe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home