Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy 90th Birthday Esther!

It's Saturday night, and instead of running buck wild in the heart of San Diego, I, Linda, decided that I should stay home and put a few blog posts under my belt!  (Okay, so it's not like I go buck wild any Saturdays of the month), in fact, going buck wild means staying up past 9pm...(still at home, of course).   Anyways, I am terribly sorry for the long lull in posts!  Almost a whole month!  It's been one roller coaster of craziness here in my little cake world.  I really think that there should be at least sixty hours to a day!  Yes, that's how busy it's been.  Seven days a week, almost thirteen hour days.  (Feel sorry for me yet?  Am I forgiven for writing no posts this last month?)  I hope so!  If not, I shall redeem myself with this fantastic post!
I was contacted to do an appetizer table for a 90th birthday party out in Dana Point a few weeks ago.  As you all know, I'm usually a sweets kind of gal, but I have dabbled in the savory side before too.  This was a super fun gig because I was able to be creative with the savory goods.  On the menu, I made a bacon wrapped chicken, filled with cream cheese and jalapenos, goat cheese tartlets with fig jam (my most favored appetizer from my graduation banquet meal!), mini puff pastry pizzas (which consisted of caramelized onions, tomatoes, goat and feta cheeses, topped with fresh basils), an assortment of fresh fruits and veggies, a cheese platter, sugared pears, mini fruit pies, cake and coffee service!  Of course I had quality controlled it before I brought it, and everything was just super yumm-o!  (Not that I'm biased or anything....) Check it out!
Happy birthday Esther!!  You don't look a day over 50!  I had a fantastic time with this event and hope everyone enjoyed the food and sweets!  And my dear readers, I sincerely apologize for having no new posts earlier than today.  I shall try my hardest to rectify this madness!  Until then!

Hugs and Kisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home