Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vegas Part II: Bread and Butter

Good evening, my loves!  Alrighty, as promised...today's post is about the second half of my Vegas trip.  I know, you're probably thinking, huh...only two parts to an extended Vegas weekend?  And to boot, the first part was all about cupcakes?!  Yep!!  Well, the whole Vegas trip pretty much amounted to cupcakes and this fabulous brunch place!  Don't get me wrong...plenty was done in Vegas (like the fabulous Wicked Spoon buffet at The Cosmopolitan (so YUM!), and a super cool cirque show (La Reve!)) But overall, I can easily sum Vegas to cupcakes and brunch!  So, Bread and Butter...what was so good about it?  Everything.  No, I'm pretty serious.  The food was beyond fresh and tasty and the service was just fantastic (I would give it a Michelin star if I could...it was definitely better than the one Michelin star restaurant we had dined in for dinner!)  Oh, let's not forget about their coffee too...it's local and just delicious!  Let's start off with some pictures to get your imaginations going:
Ok, so Bread and Butter is not on the strip...or anywhere near it.  It's not too far, but it's definitely not a touristy place.  We had found out about this place because I needed to go to one of my favorite chef supplies store, Chef Rubber.  What happened was, I didn't know that Chef Rubber didn't do walk ins anymore...they only do will-call orders.  But luckily, someone inside was loading up an order and we flagged her down and asked if there was any possible way we could take a looksie inside!  The people in there were super nice.  They opened up their building and let me look til my heart's content!  And then I made them look half the day for their 25 pound box of almond flour (yep, tons of macarons on the way!).  I got what I was looking for from Chef Rubber, and it happened to be about lunch time, so we asked what's good.  Beau, the young man who helped us, recommended Bread and Butter.  He said that all the chefs from there always eats there and they gave it two thumbs ups!  Oooh, we thought...must try!  And boy, am I glad we did.  I mean, look what we walked into!  Those gigantic cinnamon rolls were the very first to greet us!!  And then those giant oatmeal cookies.  All the baked goods looked so good, they almost brought tears to my eyes!  I seriously wanted to sample everything!  However, I didn't want to be a pig, so settled with this:
(I forgot the oatmeal cookies...yep, got one of them too!)  My loves, this was one of the best brunchy foods I've had in a good long while.  Bread and Butter is the sole reason why I want, no, need to go to Vegas again.  NEED, I says!!  You notice all that bready stuff I got there?  Oh, it was delicious.  Ok, so this is what was ordered:  Breakfast bagel with scrambled eggs, tomatoes, red onions, grilled asparagus, and goat cheese!  Turkey (with real, I repeat, real turkey meat) sandwich on a bagel.  Each came with a small side salad with some kind of vinaigrette dressing.  Then we were talked into their super yummy pretzel bread (ok, they didn't really have to talk me that hard into a pretzel bread...once they said smeared with home-made strawberry jam and butter, I was sold.  In fact, they could have just stopped at pretzel bread and I would've jumped on the wagon already!)  And yes, it was THAT amazing (FYI, my mouth is watering just rehashing all this food!)  We also got a red velvet bagel with cream cheese.  I was expecting something a little more tastier, but the red velvet bagel was just ok.  No worries though, everything else made up for that red velvet bagel!  The best part of this meal wasn't just the tasty food.  No, the bill was pretty great too.  Compared to extraordinary amount of money we paid on the strip for Fatburgers, this meal was beyond cheap (especially when the quality of the food was amazing!)

That was round one of Bread and Butter.  Oh, yeah...come on now...You don't think one trip was enough did you?  No way!  I had to have Bread and Butter again before we headed back home to CA! Yep, two Bread and Butter trips!  And the second time was just as enjoyable, if not more!  This time, because it was a Sunday, there were more people, but we were still able to snag a comfy place to sit.  I ordered their bomb coffee (free refills!  And the "waiter" actually gets coffee for you too, even though it's self serve!)  I was going to get the same bagel I had previously, since I'm a creature of habit, but the owners cousin came out and chatted with us and recommended the waffle sandwich.  Wait, waffle sandwich...and it was their claim to fame?  I'm all in!!!  You know, thinking back, if it was up to me, I probably would've gotten that waffle sandwich and my veggie bagel.  Yup, true oinker over here!  Anyways, I behaved and got the waffle sandwich and the hubs got the salmon pizza.  I know right?  Salmon pizza!  YUM!  And no, that wasn't all we got.  I also persisted on that maple bacon sticky bun, a cinnamon roll, and some kind of custard Danish thing.  OH, and we got their last four pretzel bread, to go!  I even asked for some fresh strawberry jam for my to-go breads, and the cousin came out with a twelve ounce cup, fitted with a lid and everything!  Ahh, did I mention the service was impeccable here??  Let's see the food!
Do you see that maple bacon sticky bun?  It was absolutely heavenly!  And get this, there was actually bacon throughout the sticky bun...not just on top!  I should have bought another one to take home!  Next, you'll see my waffle sandwich.  It was so, so, sooo good!  And right below, is the salmon pizza.  The dough on this pizza was super tasty!  Everything tasted fresh and of quality.  In fact, these chefs and helpers inside Bread and Butter had also been at The Venetian too!  No wonder why the food is so awesome!  But really, what made this place such a gem was the stellar service.  Even if their food was mediocre, I would still come back for their great service!  Good thing the food and the service rocks!  In fact, it rocks so much, I'm contemplating a trip out just for Bread and Butter!! (and those pretzel breads!)  Whoever is going into Vegas soon, please bring some back for me!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home