Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Jaxon

And another hump day has come and gone.  Thank goodness.  I find that once Thursday rolls around, the weekend is just a wink away!  And this so happens to be a holiday weekend, so I'm sure there are grand plans for relaxation all over!  Anyways, I thought I'd take the time to blog about a fantastic under the sea themed party tonight.  I was contacted a few months ago, and my client had wanted a birthday cake, cupcakes, and Parisian macarons!  Her baby boy, Jaxon, was turning the big 1!  Since baby Jaxon loved the aquarium and fish, the theme for his birthday was a very cool "under the sea."  They had rented out the clubroom for this party and did a fantastic job decorating!  It literally felt like I walked under the sea!  I couldn't believe how they found all the cool sea decorations and balloons!  It looked fantastic!  As for me, here are my contributions:
The actual birthday cake was chocolate with vanilla buttercream.  The cupcakes were red velvet with cream cheese frosting and strawberry cupcakes with a strawberry Swiss meringue buttercream.  All the decorations on the cake and cupcakes were edible.  The sea critters were made with chocolate, while the corals were made with fondant.  I didn't get any pictures of my macarons, but as an avid reader, I'm sure you already know that it was beautiful and the colors went with their theme!

Happy birthday baby Jaxon!  It was a pleasure baking up goodies for your party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home