Monday, July 30, 2012

Jannette and Kenneth

I have a super fun post for y'alls today!  Today, we'll be delving into Jannette and Kenneth's wedding at the Richard Nixon Library!  Jannette is actually a good friend of my cousin, Christina.  The couple and I met about a year and half ago (when I was just jumping in to the world of cupcakes and desserts).  They actually live in Chicago, so when they were visiting at the time (family lives in LA), we had set up a cupcake tasting, where they were able to sample a variety of cupcake flavors.  Lo and behold, we met up, and they only had nice things to say about my cupcakes (they're just super easy-going and wonderful like that!)  And a few days later, they booked me for their wedding.  A wedding that will be held a year and a half later!  And initially, the head count was somewhere up in the 300 range!  I thought, ok, no problem...I have a whole year and half to think about this!! And what do you know, their wedding has come and gone!  So, the bride and groom decided to go with four flavors: chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter, and coconut!  I was deliriously happy that they decided to go with coconut...it was my favorite cupcake at the time...and just something different than the usual (bravo, bravo you two!).  And as time wore on, we also decided to add a candy buffet to the mix too.  I mean, come on, 300 cupcakes plus a candy buffet for 300 people...piece of cake, right?  Yeah...I have no idea what I was thinking.  I mean, I don't even think I thought about how I would transport all this, let alone create!  Now, remember...at that time, I haven't dabbled with dessert tables, so it was quite a huge undertaking! However, I had plenty of chances to play around with dessert tables and acquire beautiful pieces for my collection between the time of their cake tasting and their wedding.  So by the time the wedding rolled around, it really was a piece of cake!  Check it out!
I've done a few dessert tables, but this is my first candy buffet!  Not too shabby, huh?  The hard part about doing a candy buffet was estimating how much candy to buy and how much candy would fit into the jars!  While shopping for candy, the jars seem pretty big in my head.  However, we had plenty of candy left over!  So, if you haven't guessed, the wedding colors were coral, pale yellow, and white.  Coral kind of limits the candy I can get, but I think I did pretty well!  I even made some cherry flavored fleur de lis lollipops in shades of coral and also some sea salted caramels (which went into one of the coral jars).  For this event, my husband and I was also invited to stay for the wedding.  So, I had put him to work!  Can you believe that after unwrapping two boxes of old fashion candy sticks, he thought he was done?!  No, sir...he had one more box to unwrap...at which, he tried to argue with me on how to set up my candy buffet.  Uh uuh, mister...So you want to know what I told him?  Well, I told him that this was my gig and that he is my helper so he needs to do it my way...and in the future, should he get his own gig, then he can do it his way!  Riiight??  We were losing valuable time here!  So, he got to work and in the end, it turned out fabulous...just the way I envisioned it!  Now, on to the cupcakes!  Well, before the cupcakes, I wanted to show you the beautiful venue.  The reception was held at the East Wing, which is an exact replica of the East wing at the White House.  Cool, huh?
Oh, the grandeur...it was absolutely stunning!
Here's the menu:  Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, coconut cupcake with coconut buttercream, and peanut butter cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream.  The hubby helped me out by drawing the flowers that corresponds to each cupcake.  Peanut butter had no flower; it was just swirled to look like a rose.  I was fortunate enough to actually find coral cupcake liners, so the couple went with gold and coral.
Sorry for the terrible lighting...the venue had some kind of spotlight light that shone onto the wedding cake.  It gave the area a nice ambiance, but was quite terrible for my camera.  Anyways, here are more pictures of the evening!
I was a touch early...it's because they kiss so fast!  This was as close as I got, the whole day!  Congrats again Jannette and Kenneth!!!  Everything was beyond lovely; may you enjoy the time of your lives together...and Kenneth...Let me remind you: Happy wife, Happy life ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home