Monday, July 23, 2012

Kitties and Penguins

Happy, Happy Monday!  I am now recharged after the fantastic wedding event from last night!  So what better way to start off the day (after cleaning up all my jars and putting away all the candy, of course), than to kick start with a new blog post?  This post is long overdue!  I had another chance to make a Hello Kitty cake for a client.  Melissa is actually one of my donut shop customers.  I always show her pictures of goodies from events I've done...she has this super adorable moppet that I thought would get a kick out of all these goodies.  So, I recently did a Hello Kitty dessert table and Melissa had seen those photos, and she wanted to order a Hello Kitty cake similar to Faye's Hello Kitty cake.  That cake was meant to feed a lot of people...and since Melissa only needed to feed about 15 people, I told her of another option.  Let's just do a Hello Kitty head shaped cake.  It's a little smaller and just as cute. She also ordered a few dozen cake pops along with the cake.  And the kicker?  They were going to Sea World that weekend, so she asked if I could do animal shaped cake pops!  I haven't really had the opportunity to try, but I told her I'd give it a go!  So, after reviewing all the animals (sea related animals), I decided to try my hands at making penguin cake pops.  I've certainly learned what to do and what not to do with shaped cake pops...but, overall, I think they were still super cute!
Have a lovely Monday, dear readers...Check back soon for a post on last night's wedding.  Think: Richard Nixon Library, candy buffet, and cupcakes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home