Monday, July 16, 2012

Congratulations Robin and Omar!

Good evening cyber world!  So, my life has calmed down just a bit.  I'm in the middle of making a bazillion flowers for a wedding this Sunday, but I think I'm doing great on time.  And you know what that means, right?  It means I have some "free" time for a blog post!  And for bearing with me these past two months, as I've been "slacking off" on writing my posts, I am treating you folks to a super fun post filled with skulls, hearts, roses, and a...wedding!  Yep, you read that right!  This was a "Dia de Los Muertos" themed wedding!  Different right?  It was totally awesome and I'm delighted to have taken part in it!  The bride, Robin, actually encountered me at the "For the Love of Justice" fundraising event.  I had donated a dessert table for the event, so Robin actually enjoyed some nibbles and thought about me when it came time for her wedding celebration.  I was extremely flattered and excited, as I love doing weddings and her theme was just so different from past events I've done.  I must admit, though, that I was a tad anxious about this event.  I can usually do pretty things pretty prettily...but this theme was more hip and different and just totally awesome!  It had an edge that I wasn't sure I could handle.  But lo and behold, I think everything turned out beautifully!
I know, it's a lot of different colors, huh?  However, once you see the cake, you will understand!  Besides, most "Dia de Los Muertos" items are pretty colorful!  It's definitely a lot of fun.  So, the cake.  The picture that Robin had sent me (of the cake) was this super beautiful artwork of a cake.  I tried my best to replicate that same cake, but with just a small spin...well, I had to work with the dimensions I ended up with...so, had to revise just a tad.  However, before I show you the cake, check out Robin's cake toppers!  They are the most adorable things ever!!
I know, awesome, right??  I loooove these!  They are just the cutest things...and coming from me, that says a lot!  Skulls usually scare me, but these are just awesome!
Not too shabby, I think...a few somewhat minor hiccups, but overall, not too shabby!  I absolutely loved all the fun colors in this cake!  And although Robin's main color was red, she gave me creative freedom and I ended up pulling a lot of colors out of the cake to use on the dessert table.  I think it worked out beautifully and I'm glad the couple gave me the freedom to "do my thang!"  I sincerely hope that they loved everything as much as I did!  Congrats again to Robin and Omar!  And with that note, I'll just leave you readers with a view of what passer-bys got a glimpse of:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home