Sunday, January 22, 2012

Good Luck Fortunes

Happy New Year!!  So, as we're celebrating the lunar new year, I thought fortune cookies would make for a very good topic to jump start the dragon  year.  Of course, not just any fortune cookies...I'm talking about home-made fortune cookies!  Of course, right??  I mean, who actually thought that fortune cookies could be made at home (or would even attempt to make them since they are pretty cheap store-bought...)?  Me, of course.  However, I didn't want just plain light brown colored fortune cookies...Oh no, no, no...I wanted my cookies to be colorful!  Or have the option of making colored fortune cookies!  Isn't the thought charming?  Colored fortune cookies!
I decided to make these fortune cookies in blue, green and plain color because they were for my little nephew's birthday.  Because of my poor planning, he only got fortune cookies instead of an Auntie Linda baked cake...(no worries...I kind of made it up to him with strawberry cake pops a few days later...) But I thought he'd get a kick out of colored fortune cookies.  I mean, come on, how many people actually get to see a colored fortune cookie??  Riiiight??
See?  Aren't they fun??  These fortune cookies were fairly easy to make.  The recipe was super easy.  I started off by baking two cookies at a time in the oven...but once I got comfortable with the mechanism (don't you just love how technical that sounds?) of the cookie, I was able to handle four cookies at a time.  It still makes for a long process because only four cookies are made a time, but well worth it!  And you know what they say: home-made goodies are always baked with lots of love!  I even wrote custom "fortunes" inside each cookie and even handed out six numbers on the back of each "fortune!"
So whoever decides to use the lucky numbers on their cookie, don't forget to split with me if you hit the jackpot!  All in all, these were pretty tasty cookies...especially if consumed the same day they were made.  I made these cookies the night before and then spruced it back up in the oven the next morning.  It's probably best to bring the crispness back to life a few minutes before consumption.  I still need more practice to get these cookies right, but I was pretty happy with how they turned out for my first run! These cookies look so charming, I know I'll be making more in the future!  But most importantly, Justin seem to enjoy them too!
May this dragon year bring everyone good fortunes, love and happiness!!  It's supposed to be a good year!  Put your mind and heart to it and it WILL be a good year!

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home