Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!!  And so it begins...I think that Halloween is the start of the many holidays to come.  In fact, I think Halloween signifies that the holidays are finally here...the weather is finally turning from hot to somewhat cold here in San Diego, and before we know it, Thanksgiving is knocking on our doors and Christmas is right around the corner.  It's scarily, eerily fast!!  But today is dedicated to Halloween!

Isn't she just a lil darlin'??  Just look at that adorable face!  This, my friends, is my lil mini American Eskimo, Pepper (or Pepperoni).  She is such a good girl, letting her mama dress her up like a chicken for Halloween!  See the excitement written all over her face?  Ok, back to the baked goodies!  So, I decided that I want to bake pumpkins and ghosts for Halloween this year.  But to my surprise, I realized I didn't have any Halloween cookie cutters! *Gasp!*  I know, huh?  I was a bit shocked myself until I realized that I didn't really get into sugar cookies until last Christmas.  So, off I go to my favorite discount store and was lucky enough to find a pumpkin, ghost and a leaf cookie cutter.  It was quite amazing, actually.  I went to a few other discount stores and they had no Halloween items in stock!  So, lucky for me, I got exactly what I needed without much scavenging!   Pumpkin and ghosts I shall bake up for Halloween!
So, a pumpkin and a ghost should be relatively easy to decorate...key word: should.  I don't know why, but the easiest shapes still end up not that easy for me!  This could be telling me that I should stop my cookie adventures!  I must admit, though, that decorating cookies are fun only when I am in the mood to decorate...as in, take my sweet time icing and decorating.  It's also a lot more fun when I get the color I am looking for in my royal icing.  I'm horrible at making colors!!  Sometimes I wish that I can just pick out a color I'm thinking of and the royal icing will magically turn that color.  It's my fight with coloring the icing that turns me off of decorating cookies!  But anyhow, these Halloween cookies turned out just fine for what I was going to do!  Remember how I'm selling new products at the donut shop??  Yep, these cookies were on sale the week before Halloween, up until Halloween.  It was a great success and I had a complete sell out!   So, goodbye Halloween, until next year!

P.S.  Notice my poor pumpkin?  What's missing?  Yep, I didn't notice that until it was too late...I knew something didn't look right with my pumpkin!...I forgot his poor nose!  Ah well, it gives him character, I suppose...


1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

That is a huge pic of the dog, man. Poor thing.

October 31, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home