Monday, December 12, 2011

Gobble, Gobble

Oh rainy day!  It's a perfect day for a new blog post!  We are finally getting some much needed rain here in San Diego!  It's one of those ugly, dark, rainy days...perfect for sitting in a cafe with the laptop open!  And what do you know, here I am, with my laptop open, ready for a new post.  Ok, ok...so I know I've been slacking off a bit...and I was on such a roll too!  Well, I can only blame it on the holidays!  This year's festivities really snuck up on me!!  I blinked and Halloween came and went...next thing I knew, Thanksgiving and black Friday came and went...all of a sudden, we are looking into Christmas now!  So, to backtrack and to get back on track, I am writing about Thanksgiving today!  This year, we decided to do Thanksgiving up really nice. I brought out the fine China and the crystal glasswares and just decided to put on a feast!  I went as far as getting nice cranberry red chargers and making up name place cards with red pears.   I loved how the red pears went beautifully with our table colors.  See, we're a pair of pears :)
We also decided to do a kid's table for the little kiddos.  I thought pears are just a bit grown up for the kiddies and thought hard about what to adorn their table with.  In the end, I decided to make little turkeys out of cookies and candy corn.  They were super adorable and my customers at the shop got a kick out of them.  It was, surprisingly, very hard to find candy corn at that time of year!  I went to all sorts of stores and no one had candy corns!! Yep, I was just as surprised.  Alas, I did find candy corns and the time I spent looking was well worth the outcome.
This is the kiddie table!  The kid's really enjoyed their turkey...both the deep-fried turkey and their candy turkey.  I thought it was super fun and actually quite simple to make.  And just for next time, I'll be sure to buy those candy corn right after Halloween!  I'll leave you readers with this super cute picture:
My little baby, napping after Thanksgiving dinner!  Doesn't she look satisfied?  Until next time, readers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home