Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sweet Scones with Fruit Preserves

Hurray for Wednesday!  Have you realized that once Wednesday come around, the rest of the week just flies by??  I always look forward to Wednesdays because then I know the weekend is right around the corner!  So, I have been super busy these past few weeks.  I am still unpacking what I think I will be needing but also having a hard time remembering and finding where I packed them!  It's a jungle of boxes in the garage!  But in due time, that will be sorted out!  I've also been asked to see if I would be interested in bringing in new products that would end up in coffee carts and coorporate office around San Diego.  That I was more interested in!  Apparantly, consumers of coffee carts and coorporate offices were desperately in want of scones.  I guess they are tired of the ol' donuts and coffee routine!  I've always been a scone kind of gal and would definitely choose scones over a muffin or donut any day!  So my task for the past week was to come up with a delicious scone recipe, which was just up my alley.  There is nothing better than to figure out a perfect recipe for scones (of which I love!).  And, I believe I did!
Especially when it came right out of the oven.  There is a slight crunch to these scones that give way to flaky, tender goodness.  It was so light and buttery.  No dryness here!  And with the dab of fruit preserves in the middle, there is no need to add extra jam.  This would definitely work as a "grab and go" kind of good (perfect for coffee carts, *wink, wink*).  That being said, I definitely had no problems sitting at the table and slowly savor each bite! 
That's boysenberry preserves I put onto this scone.  It was so, so yummy!  The other flavor was apricot...I seem to have a thing for orangy colored food.  I also happen to have apricot preserves in the fridge, so apricot scones I made!  Overall, these scones were pretty darn tasty!  Hopefully, the deal will go through and those of you in the San Diego area will be seeing these scones at a coffee cart near you!  But for now, enjoy the pictures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home