Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bachelorette Weekend

*** This post is for mature audiences ONLY***

Please take care when viewing THIS single post in front of young children, as pictures of these goodies are not of the typical nature!








Alrighty, now that the matter of young viewers are carefully advised, it is time for the good stuff!  So, over the weekend, it was my friend J's bachelorette weekend!  She was led to believe that we were going to take her camping!  I'm not sure how fully she actually believed that, but hey, we tried!  I was a bit bummed that I wasn't able to join in on the fun.  I had planned to, but last minute changes changed my whole weekend plans :( Yes, I know, it was so tragic!  I forwent (hmm, is that even a word?!) a what would have been fun bachelorette weekend with the girls for....Michigan.  Yes, folks, you heard me right...Michigan.  It was so depressing over there, I do not even want to talk about it!  To say at the very least, I am tremedously happy to be back home in beautiful CA! :)

Anyways, I found out that the bachelorette weekend would  be a no-go for me about a week before the weekend :( I was in charge of bringing some desserts and one goodie I had in mind was to bring in some sugar cookies!  As you know, I've been trying to brush up on my sugar cookie icing skills...You see, I have this problem...Whenever I see other people's cookies, it usually looks sooo simple in my head to make.  However, getting down to the nitty gritty...I'm always left wondering why the heck I decided to make sugar cookies!  It's never as fun as it looks in my head!..also never as simple!  I had to make these bachelorette cookies pretty early on in the week, so that I would have enough time to mail it out to the girls.  What I usually do when I make sugar cookies, is to bake, ice, and wrap in a stretch of a couple days.  It makes my life easier and less hectic! 
SO, the first day, I usually make the sugar cookie dough and get it chillin in the fridge.  I am a lot smarter now and usually have sugar cookie dough already frozen and ready to use in the freezer.  So what I did was defrosted it so that my first day of baking cookies involves rolling, cutting and baking.  As you can see, I used pekker shapes for this bachelorette party...yes, yes, I know...very unexpected of me ;) And no, no..I promise..I'm not some kind of weird pervert (as my husband seems to think what others will think since I'm  posting it on my blog......right?...you don't think I'm a pervert now, riiight??...)  LOL..I prefer to think of this as being open-minded and thinking outside the box..... ;)
On the second day, I frost the cookies and pretty much get them ready for wrapping.  As you can probably see, I didn't get the hang of the sprinkles part until the end, when I made the smaller cookies...Interesting huh?...Then, once I'm done decorating all the cookies, I let them dry overnight, so that I can wrap them up in cellophane the next day!
Yes, of course I had to cellophane them!  Gotta dress them up some how! ;)  I really wished I was at the hotel when my girls saw these cookies.  I had some other goodies planned, but since I couldn't make it, I wasn't able to bake them.  Cookies were easier for me to ship down to them!  I hope my girls had a great time at the fabulous get-away weekend...especially J...she totally deserves it and I really wished I was physically there!! However, I'm glad these cookies made it to them in time and I was there in those cookies! LOL..

J- I will totally make it up to ya!! Can't wait for the next couple of weeks to pass by and for your wedding to finally be here!!!!! Love ya!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great, and not offensive at all! I love the part about putting cellophane on them,for that "protection" you know, lol! I DO think you need to start selling your stuff on-line!! I know I would purchase, as would many of my friends.

June 12, 2011 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Sweets for the Sweet by Linda said...

Thank you! Lol...I didn't even think of the cellophane in that way!..puts a new perspective to it..lol..but thank you very much!

June 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Jennifer said...

They are awesome!!!! And tasted yummy too!!!

June 14, 2011 at 6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! those are great ideas! i love it

September 13, 2011 at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home