Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Favor for a Favor

I love weddings.  No, seriously, I really do!

Actually, let me rephrase that: I love (lower cased) weddings, but I LOVE (upper cased AND italicized!) weddings that I can butt into =D  I absolutely LOVE helping people plan their weddings and help them decide vendors and styles and colors and fabrics...and pretty much everything dealing with the wedding!!  I especially love focusing on the details...more specifically, the smaller, itty-bitty little details dealing with weddings.
  So focused with the details am I that this weekend, I made wedding favors!  I am trying to hoist wedding favors upon people...I mean, I know a lot of people feel that favors are a total waste of money and that weddings already cost an arm and a leg, etc... (so why add to to the cost?), but I am a firm believer that a favor is a nice gesture to thank guests for taking time out of their busy lives to come and celebrate! (especially those who need to travel a ways to get to the wedding!)...Right??  Or am I just an old-fashioned woman who can't get with the times?  Either way, I love to give food type items as favors.  My eyes always lit up when I attend a wedding and there's some kind of candy as the favor!  Is it just me?  Admit it, you love them too ;)  I mean, we scoff at those tulle wrapped Jordan almonds or those little tins filled with M&M's (just because the bride and groom have names starting with M's) yet, they save us every single time as we're waiting on the food (they're running late)! We find ourselves munching on them, and we think "thank goodness for this candy...I"m starving!"  It's ok to admit it...I won't tell ;) See?..the merits of food favors!  For my own wedding, my bridesmaids and friends helped me dip over 400 strawberries in chocolate, then boxed and ribboned them up...the night before the wedding!  I know, I know, that was a lot of work, but they were beautiful...and I have since compensated them with my love and they are still speaking to me and remain my friends :) Perhaps I'm a bit biased with the food favors, since my own favors were food-related...?  Who knows? :)
So this weekend, my favors to my brides were to check out the favor goodies and to think about it :)
 I made some, might I be bold enough to say myself, stunningly simple wedding cake cookies ;)  I love the simple sophistication it adds to sugar cookies!  The fondant flowers adds a beautiful extra touch to a simple cake!  I also tried the bride and groom attired hearts.  Instead of having two separate cookies, I used a double heart cookie cutter and had conjoined bride and groom cookies.  The dilemma of having to buy two cookies for each guest (one each of the bride and groom) or feeling weird if a guy got the bride cookie and a gal got groom cookie (if you intended on one cookie per guest), solved!  Aren't they cute?
These home-made sugar cookies are not your average sugar cookies!  I developed this recipe after countless batches of tasteless, blah average-tasting cookies.  Yummy cookies + Simple Sophistication = Fantastic Wedding favors!! :)
It's been suggested to me that perhaps I should marry again...then I can make these cookies as favors :) Hrmm...I shall keep that in mind ;)

Cheers! 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sharon Sengchan said...

OMG!!! totally love it! so creative and so perfect for a wedding...great great job!!!

May 1, 2011 at 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne Lim said...

I shared the one you gave me with some coworkers, and they all thought I bought it from some store. It was delicious AND fancy. We all thought it would be perfect for favors, especially if you decorated the cookies with the couple's initials. I loved it!

May 2, 2011 at 12:43 AM  
Blogger Sweets for the Sweet by Linda said...

:) I looove them too! I usually don't get too excited about my products, but I really love how these cookies turned out! Somebody please get married so I can make them! =D

May 2, 2011 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home