Monday, May 16, 2011

Mini-Pineapple Upside Down Cake

A couple months ago, as I was browsing through one of my favorite discount store, I stumbled upon a mini-pineapple upside down cake pan.  Of course, it was a great price for this quality pan, but I thought to myself, "Self, do I really need this cute pineapple pan??  Like, really really??"  My heart was telling me that I want it and of course i "need" it, but my head was telling me something totally different!  So, what did I do?  I carried that pan with me throughout the store while browsing some more, contemplating whether this purchase qualifies as a splurge or steal.....Alas, I waited in line to pay for it, but had a change of heart at the last moment (actually, my heart didn't change it's mind, but the mind convinced my heart that this purchase qualifies as a splurge) =( 
Fast forward about a month after this "almost-purchase" and here I am, back in the favorite store..."browsing"...again.  You see, I've been thinking bout that pineapple pan for a while and have finally decided to go and get it..but you know how it is..time just gets away from you!  I was really hoping it's still there...there were only 3 of them when I first saw the pans!  And even though I knew that items go pretty fast at discount stores, yet, I wondered: is anyone really going to buy these pans?  I mean, I can't see someone baking pineapple shaped cake regularly at home...  So, I wasn't worried about it not being there!  Lo and behold, no pineapple pan. DARN, I thought..." I shoulda bought it when I saw it!! Darn, Darn, Darn!"  >:I

You know what this means, right??  This meant that I was a raving mad women, now intent on finding myself that cute pineapple pan even if it meant "browsing" at all the discount stores close to home (and some not quite so close!).  It probably wasn't until about a month ago that I finally found my pineapple pan.  And of all places, back at the original discount store...hmph..what are the chances of that happening?  This time, however, there was only one left!  And after all this time thinking and yearning for that pan, I stopped myself and questioned myself again (!) "Do I really truly need/want this???"  I even went as far as getting a second opinion from my cousin C (who happens to looove pineapple upside down cake) whether I should buy this pan or not.  She told me not to buy it because I don't need it.  So what did I do?...I bought it =D ....besides, I could always return it ;)
My cute lil pineapple pan, once taken home, was stashed high on a cabinet with all my other baking pans.  And what did I do?  I promptly forgot about it...until today.  You see, I've actually never had pineapple upside down cake, so today (after a weekend filled of couch-potatoing, watching all the episodes of Jericho and eating junk food with the husband), I decided that I should do something productive.  Like bake.  I wanted to bake something different, since I baked some strawberry cupcakes (next post!) earlier over the weekend (in fact, I made strawberry cupcakes, a bunch of different recipes of buttercream, and more chiffon cupcakes!).  That's when I remembered my cuuute pineapple pan.  So, mini-pineapple upside down cake it was today!
They weren't that cute upside down in the pan (once baked), but after flipping them over onto a plate so that they're right-side up, they were sooo adorable!
I love close-up shots :)

Hope you enjoyed this post!  Look out for the next one on strawberry cupcakes!
Cheers!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer Matsch said...

They do look cute!! I don't even like pineapple! What's in the center that is red??

May 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger Sweets for the Sweet by Linda said...

Jennifer- they are huh? I love mini type stuff! The center is a maraschino cherry!

May 16, 2011 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger christina said...

omg i want some!!!! bring me some thursday. and yes...yes it looks delicious!

May 16, 2011 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Sweets for the Sweet by Linda said...

christina dear, will do :)

May 16, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home