Friday, April 13, 2012

Rose Cake

Hooray for Friday!!  Except this Friday is gloomy and rainy...again.  I have no idea why I always end up writing a new blog post on a cold, rainy day.  I guess it's the perfect weather to curl up in bed and just write!  It's probably time for a new post anyways...I've got a few waiting to be shared but just been having one problem after another with my poor old laptop.  I'm happy to announce that the laptop is feeling much, much better, and we are finally getting down to business.  So, I have a pretty cool cake to share with you dear readers today.  It's a rose swirl cake.  What's a rose swirl cake?  Well, have you seen those really cool textured fabrics, making its way into weddings and top notch parties?  There are a bunch of really cool ones...they look really nice and super lush and are to die for.  Well, after the LDIR graduation event, Mai and I ran buck wild in the LA flower district.  Mai had also mentioned that she was loving these textured fabrics and had wanted to make some table linen in the future for an event, any event!  Of course she showed me what she was talking about and I just about fell in love myself!  We really loved all the fabric we saw, but especially loved this one:
Isn't it just too adorable??  We thought about this fabric the entire time we were frolicking in the district...so in the end, I bought it.  This picture really doesn't do it much justice.  At all.  Anyways, this was the inspiration for my cake today.  My friend Evonne, from the Bay area, actually contacted me to recreate Chip's birthday cake...just without the truffles on top and on a smaller scale.  Remember Chip's cake?  So I decided to have some fun with this cake.  I really loved this rose swirly design and designed it onto a cake.  I was so proud of my originality, until I saw that this idea has already been done.  Story of my life!  I'm still proud of this cake though.  Although I think it might have been easier to pipe the rosette with buttercream rather than white chocolate ganache.  Even so, it was an experience I learned a lot from.  Check it out!

Kinda cool huh?  I definitely know what to do the next time I want to make a rose cake!  Hope you enjoyed this post!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home