Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Happy, happy Monday dear readers!  Boy the weekend sure flies by fast!  And this weekend was extra special.  Sunday was my sweet Jacob's 6th birthday.  He actually had a celebration at Chuck E Cheeses but I was a bad auntie and couldn't make it.  I know, right?  No worries, I made it up to him!  He had two celebrations...I made him a a cute little cake and we celebrated on Thursday.  I think he was pretty happy with that!  Well, the cake I made was one of those 3D teddy bear cake.  It was super cute and pretty simple to make.  The only long part of the process was baking up the cake.  It took about an hour and half total from start to finish.  Although, I had to bake this cake twice.  The first time around, I tried making a white chocolate cake...this cake proved to be too moist and as I took the mold off, half of the bear's face came off.  Round two worked much, much better.  I guess I should have stuck with the instructions and made a more dense/firm cake.  Ah well...it still came out pretty cute.  Take a look:
Isn't he so cute??  Originally, the bear didn't have a tail.  I added one because bears have tails right??  Guess what this tail was made of?  A donut hole!  I had to improvise since I didn't think about a tail until I was decorating!  The fur was very simple to make...took a long time, but still fairly easy.  I think the trick to icing this cake is to have a buttercream that pipes perfectly.  And believe it or not, the most difficult time on this cake was drawing in the eyes and nose.  I know, right?  You're probably thinking that should be the easiest...unfortunately, not for me...but it's all good, the bear came out looking like a bear!
My three little munchkins...well, my cousin's munchkins, but they can be my munchkins too!
And here's baby Jared, stealing the show:
Yep, he sured loved that grass frosting...In fact, now that I think about it, I think his fingers were the culprit to the premature grass mowing inside the cake box before the celebration. Hmm, something to contemplate.  Happy birthday again Jacob love!  Hope you all enjoyed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home